Thursday 23 February 2012

D and A D

So, it has been a while since I posted about this project, been busy with everything going on at once but here is an update:


I focused my research on 11-17 year olds as I felt the difference in educational needs of 7 and 17 year olds was to great to create one workspace. My research consisted of lots of sketches, existing products, current learning environments, the psychology of learning, creative learning environments, anthropometric data, exisiting educational bodies and studies that have been done into creative learning as well as questionnaires and interviews with people that are still studying at school at different levels.

Through this I came up with several insights: adjustability, learning envirnments, storage, comfort, implementing technology, workspace, group/individual work.

I then focused on adjustablility as thorugh my research I realised that this was one of the things people didn't like about desks and the way they were designed. They were too rigid in structure and did not allow the user to feel comfortable enough be productive. I also wanted to include something to do with technology as my research also showed that children were using technology at a younger age.

I have come up with a final concept and I am in the stages of refining it; below are some pictures of models:









No comments:

Post a Comment