Monday 4 February 2013

A Product and A Service



I am planning on creating a furniture restoration service that allows users to submit images of furniture that they want fixed or altered.

They will then have a totally personal and bespoke item of furniture that they have been involved with the design and manufacturing of from day one. In order to work out the ins and outs and logistics of this service I will get open the service to people and get someone to submit images of a piece that they want fixed or altered. 

The wheels are already in motion with this and I have my first user in place. Morna Macpherson is a designer and has a side table that has bits missing and is wonky and I will be fixing it up for her. The pictures of the table are below:


The plan is to alter the legs to make it more secure rather than wobbly, the table top, and replace a pull out leaf that has been lost before Morna obtained the table. Will post the designs I come up with soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment