Monday 5 March 2012

Open Journalism

I have tweeted about htis but thought I discussion would probably be better had here. The Guardian have released their new advert for open journalism and how they show all the sides of the story. It follows the story of the three little pigs in both print and online and how people share their reactions and how the Guardian's stories spark debate. These reactions that are shown are those of the public however, that what is originally viewed may not be the case. In the advert it ends up with a totally different ending than what we know in the traditional tale. The pigs turn out to be the bad guys and used the wolf. I won't give away the entire clip as it is very interesting to watch! I felt it was an extremely accurate representation of how society acts today. Take a look, tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment