Monday 9 April 2012

Expat Map

Since my last post some work has been done on my business proposal and some interesting facts have been found out.

  • In 2010 nearly 400,000 people emigrated from the United Kingdom
  • It is estimated that there are over 3 million British Expats - however, in an article by the BBC in 2006 it said that it was estimated that there were roughly 5.5 million Brits living abroad
  • There are over 200 milion people that live abroad worldwide.
So after seeing these figures I was extremely glad that I decided on my business idea and if this niche is tapped into successfully it could be a very prosperous one.

I also found out after contacting the Foreign Office that no one keeps a record of the number of British people living abroad, I find this very hard to believe, as surely if people permanently emigrate there are going to be less people paying taxes in the UK? If anyone can shed light on this it would be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment