Thursday 19 April 2012

Veneering/Staining/Varnishing

So the desk is finally coming together, just going to share the processes I have used recently as I find them interesting, especially the veneering. 




This would is the same would that was used in my more extensive prototypes. It has just been veneered using an iron-on veneer from Vale Veneers. It has been no less than fantastic. It is extremely easy to cut, I can lasercut through it causing minimal if little damage, and it is applied using a standard household iron! It takes seconds to apply as the iron only has to be on a low setting. Since they are real wood veneers they are also extremely easy to stain. I stained the power supply and the incline desktop to highlight that they are different. In the final stages at the moment, just varnishing using a soluable varnish before assembling everything together! Will have a final picture and the final concept board up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment