Monday 22 October 2012

Going More In Depth

After delving into the materials that are wasted on building sites and derelict sites and then narrowing it down into materials that are more likely to have been left, I have decided to focus my current research on concrete. I am going to look at the different materials that can be used in making concrete and the different finishes that result of these, how I can change the finish by trying different materials and how I can replace the materials to make concrete a more eco-friendly material.

I am also going to look into materials that can bond concrete that have an extremely low environmental impact or none at all what so ever. For a cultural probe I am going to look into making a series of objects out of concrete and see how people react to these items.

In the meantime here are some great items that have been made out of concrete.


No comments:

Post a Comment