Monday 15 October 2012

Where am I?

So getting into discovering where I want to go as a designer and how to show this through my honours project is a lot more challenging than I originally thought but here is where I am at the moment.

After an inspiring talk last week by Colin Burns, who showed us how to find out where we are in our project and ways to figure out where we want to me using a process by Eddie Obeng "Walking in the Fog". It showed us different areas that we could be with our project and finding out which one would help us realise what we need to achieve and how.


Using this process I realised that I was a "movie." I know what materials I want to use and have ideas for what I want to create but I am not sure how to use the materials in an effective way. Back to the research for the time being. I have also decided that I can get valuable information from cultural probes and have some crafty ideas, so will keep you posted on that!

Here is another incredible bit of recycling design to keep you all going. It is a Buddhist temple in Thailand made out of recycled beer bottles and it has a very spiritual  feeling about it in my opinion, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment